Our business approach.
We’ve taken a thoughtful and balanced approach to how we service your business and work with you. To us, it’s not just a file, an account, or a policy. We express care and concern in our interactions with you, to resolution. It’s about conversations that count, whether it concerns a policy update, a payment, or documentation. Delivering insurance, not arguments.
Our Balanced Approach
We’ve taken a unique approach to business — providing a shorter path to coverage certainty in 12 months and reviewing every loan. By gaining insight into every loan, we commit to you our intention not to investigate and potentially rescind coverage. You won’t have to go back and forth countering rebuttals with National MI.
The four benefits you get with National MI are:
- Rescission relief after 12 months on every insured loan with National MI SafeGuard®, both delegated and non-delegated.
- Day 1 underwriting and appraisal protection.
- ATR Confident, “a second set of eyes” to check every insured loan for the borrower’s ability to repay.
- Sensible ServicingSM
- Consideration of delinquencies involving borrower hardships triggered by “life events,” such as job loss, divorce or death, including the first 12 months.
- No investigation or re-verification of performing loans.
- One certificate with identical coverage, pricing and guidelines
For a full description of terms and requirements, please refer to National MI’s master policy.
National MI is not a creditor subject to the Dodd-Frank Ability-To-Repay (ATR) determination requirements, and National MI’s underwriting review is not intended to satisfy the Lender’s independent responsibility for complying with regulatory or investor requirements. National MI relies on the Insured’s loan documentation and National MI does not perform re-verifications.